Re: distortion, overdrive,fuzz,crunch,special sauce, secret goo

The Experience is probably less radical than the Fuzz Factory and I imagine more guitar
players would find more useable sounds in it,  but  I prefer that the Fuzz Factory has
more range of tone and also more chaos implicit in all of it's circuitry (after all, there is
an onboard compressor, noise gate and comb filter on the Fuzz Factory).

The thing about the FF is that I sacrifice tone for settings that make it do it's stunts properly, so I need other coloration devices or fuzzes to satisy that requirement. My Vexxer's are all stunt devices.

The EXP is more controllable mainly, but there's that pinchy grain of high end in normal mode that just does it for me. I can have my wah all notched back and it still cuts, then when I rock forward slightly it brings out that high overtone. Really satisfying. Another thing mentioned in a post below is the ability to get non-linear octave jumps where you just can't believe an entire passage actually jumped an octave below it's played register randomly. It's hard to describe but almost sounds like a computer edit, but it's not! The Big Muff will do this at times as well. I'm such a goof that I gave my last (really good one too!) Big Muff to a guy who was all excited about it after testing it. Merry X-mas dude! . . . . and it was gone. 8-(

I think after demoing the two of them that I am going to stick with one of my two
distortion/fuzz modelling pedals (the excellent BOSS OD20 and the Digitech
DF-7 DISORTION FACTORY) with the Zvex after all of it.

The vast majority of my non-special solo sound is Boss OD's and Disto's. They have so many with subtle differences and they really give you a large pallette to fine tune for anything. I've been attracted to the OD20 and will probably get one in the future.

I'm in Fuzz heaven and will try out the ZVEX FUZZ Probe (and the wah wah) tomorrow.

If you're putting the Vexxer after anything you lose your ability to do your theremin like moves using the guitar's volume knob. You've gotta at least try that. The FF does it great. The Probe is just a FF with the copper proximity plate, so you're really covered with the FF you already own.

I"m also relieved that I don't need to shell out the $300 USD for the Experience.

So you say . . . *-)

Miko Biffle
Biffoz@Gmail.com
MBiffle@FoxRacingShox.com
"Running scared from all the usual distractions!"