Re: guitar drone music (Fahey)

All these John Fahey stories are blowing my mind.

I loved his music and never got to see him play (and no, Bill,
jealously I have to admit that I wasn't with
you and Dad at that show,  at least that I can remember).

I still am very, very heavily influenced by his (and Joni Mitchell's and
Maurice Ravel's) sense of dissonance.

Lately, i've been playing the simplest open tuning sus chord kinds of
pieces on my guitar
(truly wimpy, sophmoric and pathetic by contrast with Fahey's music, of
course)

I owned 'Day Have Gone By,    Volume Six' and just listened obsessively
to it.

I just found out that there is a really extensive John Fahey collection on
Rhapsody,  the subscription music site that I listen to.   That surprised
and pleased the hell out of me.

Long live John Fahey!!!!!!