Re: Funny Gig Stories was: John Fahey

> By the way,  if you ever get a chance to see Martin Simpson
> perform, no matter what kind of music you are
> into............go see him.
> He's an amazing performer and one of the best story
> tellers I've ever heard.

I agree, I've seen him several times, always very entertaining.

On the theme of funny gig stories;  I used to play with a theatrical punk
band in the 80's.  We were playing a little gig at a small village hall.
At one point mid way during one of our songs (about a terrorist), there's
a planned explosion noise, the singer throws a smoke bomb, and we all fall
to the floor.  Normally, after a short pause, the bass player starts
playing the riff again, and one by one, we all stand up and finish the
song.

However, on this occasion, just as the smoke is clearing, and before the
song restarts, the compere walks back on with the raffle drum, and before
we know it, someone from the audience has come up onto the stage and is
pulling out tickets, and they're calling raffle numbers while we're lying
on the floor, rolling around with laughter by this stage.  We felt obliged
to lie there until the end of the raffle, but made a hasty exit before the
ventiloquist begins.

Great days, always brings a tear to eye when I think about it.

Stephen