Re: Sooperlooper or Mobius? Going back to software.

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 10:00 AM, marcus kirby <nrvana8775@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I love having the ability to control multiple loops at once, and have a
> visual representation of it. Also, the sooperlooper GUI was really
> intuitive, to me anyway, and I want to start using it again. I've read
>that
> Mobius is a good contender, but I thought the GUI was ugly.
>
> Any suggestions?

Chose the looper that meets your demands! Here are some points to evaluate:

If you have to run the looper as an AU plug-in SooperLooper is the
best. Using SooperLooper means you have to give up cuing up many loops
when playing. You can still run many parallel loops and sort of faking
a cue system by some smart muting and unmuting of loops. SooperLooper
stays rather close to the EDP concept.

The AU format is also well met by Augustus Loop from Expert Sleepers.
This looper runs better for excsessive speed shifting and now also
supports scripting that lets you set up four of them in OSC sync to
create a four track multi looper. No cuing up of loops though. Works a
little differently than the EDP concept.

If you can live with a VST plug-in and needs to cue up loops on
several tracks Mobius is the king. Mobius is also better if you want
to play around a lot with speed shifting. Finally, Mobius scripting
option makes it extremely expandable and customizable. If you want
that. As for ugly GUI - you can change it to the colors you prefer!

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com