Re: Sooperlooper or Mobius? Going back to software.

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 3:04 PM, Jeff Larson <jeff.larson@sailpoint.com>
wrote:

> Setting both input and output latency overrides to near zero is necessary
> for overdub alignment, but strictly speaking I think there is still
> be a need to compensate for MIDI latency.  The player may not always
> adjust the timing of footswitch presses in the same way they adjust
> instrument manipulation.  This could cause a situation where input
> latency compensation needs to be NEGATIVE, which would require a short
> "history" buffer.
>
> Likewise when you start doing things like loop triggering with a
> footswitch, output latency is still relevant.  So it feels like to be
> pedantic about it we need more knobs.  Maybe two output latency
> settings, one for overdub alignment and one for "jumps" in playback.
> I honestly haven't thought this through yet.

SooperLooper actually has three latency params, Input, Output, and
Trigger, but I don't really expose the trigger one via the GUI,
because I didn't want to confuse people even more.  Since there is no
documentation on it, and you'll only see it when browsing the controls
for midi binding, I assume no one has ever tried setting it.  As you
said Jeff, most people can make do with the other two.

jlc