Re: Alesis Modfx

Hey Jeff,

Usually I put them first in line directly after the guitar or synth.
Bitrman first, then the Smashup, then Faze/Phlange/Philter, then the
Ampliton.  I do move the Smashup around.  But there's no rule, you
know.  I usually do the tone generating first, then the
phasing/flanging next, then trem, then into delays.  But, changing the
order makes for new and interesting sounds.  Moving the bitrman to the
end of the line is cool too.  Mass bit destruction of the whole noisy
signal! :)

The other fx I use are delays and reverbs that usually go last in my
line (DL4, DD20, RC20xl, Vortex, MPX100, RSP, Adrenalinn)   I've got
everything run through a patchbay, so re-patching isn't a big mess.  I
also like to run the guitar/synth into the RC20, loop the signal and
then run that into the fx for processing. Just depends on my mood.  Ya
know?

No rules, just fun.

I do not have mine on the floor, I put my fx up on a table where I can
reach the knobs. :)  The on/off button is not easy to hit with your
feet on the ModFX.

There's a lot you can do with each one, and I'd take some time and
play with each fx on its own.  Just to get a feel for what they do.
Read the manuals.  Have fun!

>>> http://vimeo.com/user825094
>>> http://uk.youtube.com/user/markfrancombe
>>> http://www.myspace.com/markfrancombe