Re: New ambient live improvisation "The art of life"

Sounds great, Sjaak! It's interesting to hear someone playing with the
same sonic source elements that I too use and you really make it sound
a lot more "keyboard-ish" compared to me ;-))  When I play those
virtual instruments with my EWI they come out more like "brass- or
flute-ish". Funny how the physical control instrument influence
electronics that much .

One thing I like a lot in that Logic Pro Studio package is the micro
tonal tunings that are global settings in Logic. I really miss them in
MainSTage and I have posted wishes to Apple to include that wonderful
feature into next MainiStage upgrade. For the reason this of global
micro tune scale option, whenever I play electronic instruments I try
to use Logic instead of MainStage - they include the same instruments
anyway. I've found two particular fixed tunings that put the pitches
exactly where I want them by ear and using them feels just like
playing an acoustic instrument (because with acoustic instruments you
are free to modify pitch according to your taste as you go). But for
livelooping I'm such a sucker for that first-loop-set-tempo function
and this sadly rules out Logic as it can't slave sync to MIDI Clock. I
there was a looper that supports ReWire this would not be a problem
though, but there is no ReWire supporting looper on the market.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com