Re: ways to loop as duo

 > how would you midi chain the whole thing then for best results?

Chaining through any MIDI "thru" port will add some amount of
latency.  My general rule has been around 1ms but it varies
for each device.  I've heard the FCB adds a relatively large
amount but I've never measured it.

Depending on what you're doing the extra latency may not
be that bad.  If you're using track sync and quantization
timing of the MIDI switches is less important.  You can compensate
for it a bit by lowering input latency.  If this is still too high,
you could get a second cheap USB MIDI interface and select both
of them as inputs to Mobius.

Going back to some earlier comments on this thread, you might not
need to write scripts.  In the window where you assign functions
to MIDI messages, there is a pulldown menu labeled "Scope".
Usually this is set to "Global" but you can also set it to
a specific track or track group.  The function will only
be performed in the selected track.  So for example MIDI
note 1 channel 1 could be Record in track 1 and MIDI note
1 channel 2 could be Record in track 2.

 > also i realize that a lot of people here using drum boxes prefer
 > syncronisation to the looper instead of looping the drum grooves
 > within the looper and post manipulation (pitch,reverse halfspeed
etc.)
 > i actually like it better that way,only drawback you have to reach
the
 > machine start the drum loop record it and stop the machine
afterwards.

If you're using Ableton for drum loops you can program start/stop
on the same MIDI pedal used for Mobius.  If you're using a hardware
drum machine, you might be able to map a note into Start/Stop
messages to the drum machine with some software.

 > What would be really efficient is to have drum samples already saved
 > within a paused Mobius track and then bulid up loops and trigger the
 > grooves at will,but mobius has crashed on me when ive tried doing
this
 > maybe i am doing something wrong?  cheers Luis

I can do some tests on pre-loaded loop triggering, but Mac Mobius
is on the operating table right now with intestines spilling out
all over the floor.  It will be awhile before I can put it
back together.

Jeff