Apple mini display port to VGA adapter (O.T.)

Hey Mac users,
I recenhtly bought this adapter to conect a second monitor to my macbook
but havent been able to make it work,i have a flat screen sony monitor
that i bought 2 years ago so i couldnt imagine that the monitor is the
problem.I also tried it with a second monitor that i have and it still
doesnt work.
We testet it at the store where i bought the adapter and it worked
fine,ive checked for monitor drivers but there arent none available,ive
also done some research and it seems that this adapter doesnt always
work,is anybody having the same problem or have a clue why is not working?

www.myspace.com/luisangulocom