Re: Recession not all bad

<<<elevator-music pioneer Muzak declared bankruptcy>>>

     Interesting.  However our knee-jerk reaction to this news may go, I
have a good friend (and underground artist, published the book 'Cassette
Mythos' back in the '80's) who used to work in their Seattle office.  He
spoke of the science of selecting music for its increasing tempos, slowly
raising the tempo from piece to piece for a 15 minute stretch and then
starting over again.  The psychological studies that went into their
programming was intense.  He also was able to put together reggae and
calypso tapes for some of their more eclectic clientele.

     ...and without elevator music, there may have been no 'Music for
Airports'...

     Stephen