Re: OT: Tuning guitar in fifths for wider orchestration options

actually the system was invented years ago before in the U.S. by trance
performance,Jimmy Page,Graham Nash and others have been using this system
succesfully for years,the German company just put this whole concept into
tuning pegs instead of inside of the body of the guitar.
However i ve read a lot of negative reviews on this new gibson prototypes
and about the system being too expensive and not being really efficient
and having major issues.
I called the power tune company here in germany not long ago to ask them
if they would consider developing this technology for acoustic guitar but
they said thats something they will try to explore,although is much more
complicated to develop for some reason.Trance performance however has
already done it and brought out an acoustic guitar prototype that costs a
fortune with the system inside(there was a video of Graham Nash commenting
on it it but i lost the link)
but it seems like a monstrous task and you would have to buy a guitar with
it otherwise your precious acoustic will go through some major surgery!!
but for me if any of this companies comes out with an efficient tuning peg
system accesible for all acoustic guitars then it will be a dream come
true!!
Luis