electrix MO-FX

yesterday, i was working with some sequences i had in my cz5000, it has an 8 trac sequencer in it.....the casio goes into my mixer (mackie 1202) then the sig is sent first to my MO-FX then off to the rest of my "chain".....what i discovered is that by changing the "band" (high, med. low) i could effect what sounds would go into the MO-FX from the casio.....what a discovery.....in effect, i could "play" the MO-FX in several ways......change the sounds coming from the casio, change the "delay" and also for some spice, change what went into the "flanger" and  "tremolo".....i had never messed with the "band" buttons in the past but with a bit of experimentaion this turns out to be a very useful tool, kept me off the streets for an evening!.....so make a loop and send it into the MO and change up the "band" buttons and see what happens.....perhaps i'm the last person to discover this, if so, i'm sorry to waste your time but if you haven't played with this, give it a shot, you may find it useful.....it's funny, right when i think i know a piece of equipment, i discover that it can do so much more, what fun!.....also, a little rang trick that i've been fooling with, get a loop (sequence) playing and send it to the rang but have the rang set up to play the loop in reverse, hit the reverse button, then record, here's the fun part, let the loop record for how ever long you want ( 1 sec.- 20 sec.) whatever, the longer the better, then hit the record button again, what you then have is a loop that plays forward and then 10-15 secs. later plays backwards.....what i like about this with a long reverse time is that quite often i forget what i had input and on hearing it (later) in reverse, it adds an element of "surprise" to what is going on.....once again, sorry if this is old hat.....:)m

"EVERYTHING YOU KNOW IS WRONG".....firesign theater

new groovy tunes at:
http://www.myspace.com/klobuchar10
www.ct-collective.com

Worried about job security? Check out the 5 safest jobs in a recession. (http://jobs.aol.com/gallery/growing-job-industries?ncid=emlcntuscare00000002)