how do you loop?

well, i guess you could see here:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5791548553161416906&hl=en

these were done last year some time, one w/ boss dd20, one w/ my boss rc20.
i also use a delay for time manipulation usually (in past was ibanez de7, or digitech digidelay).
my setup now is: guitar--zoom g2--digitech rp150--boss dd7--behringer tweakalizer--boss rc20--lexicon mx200--out to my 2 amps, one marshall 10 watt , other kustom tube 12 (if i'm playing live in my studio-if i need to be quiet, i have stereo outs to my fostex mr8 digital recorder).
i'm not sure if i have a real method to my so-called madness, probably based on what i've watched over and over in david torn's old vids from early 90's. play something, loop it w/ one of my options, and i guess options is good, b/c each thing does things differently. the dd7 allows my to manipulate time (love that feature), the tweakalizer has a 10 sec sampler and you can reverse it or play w/ pitch up or down an octave-love that. the rc20 allows for longer phrases and good reverse, and you can overdub and go crazy back and forth (it's a great tool!), and i use the digitech rp150 for digital glitchy things, gets whacky electronic real quick. i guess i mostly improvise-either chords, or series of notes, lots of noise w/ my microphone in guitar, something. the funny thing is if you watch the vids, i seem to have a formula when i make the public access shows-start clean, try some bad fahey thing, do some clinks and clanks ala henry kaiser type improvs, find something in that mess to loop, usually gets ugly distortion, rip out my 80's faux hair metal wannabees licks, then usually end w/ something pretty, nice, clean. i don't think i intend to do that, but over the course of the 6 to 7 shows i've made, that's been it. sure there is some variation at times. the funny thing, is when watching back, and i do, just to see how i'm playing, the sound that i hear when i'm making it, is never the sound i hear when watching it back. but i guess you have to trust the recording device, and i'm using a cheap old video recorder-it is not STATE OF THE ART BY ANY STRETCH.
i suppose some day i should record some new stuff on my myspace page, the music on there is old. just lazy i guess.
the other thing is my setup is fairly cheap, i'm on a budget for sure, i had to wait until the rc20xl came out, and that dropped the prices of the old 5 min max rc20's, i still think it's a great tool.oh, i should add i'm waiting for my DAED disturbo DS-1 and my adrenalinn II to come in the mail, sold all the gear i wasn't using, bought myself some new tools for my birthday. i'm still searching for that "clean-distorted" sound-i haven't been happy w/ getting that, i'm hoping the tricked out DAED ds-1 will help.
way too much info....
s---
ps-i should say that i've also used my cheapo casio keyboard for "other sounds"-i can't play it, i just make more noise w/ it, and i've also plugged in a radio in my setup for more noise.
i'm pretty decent at playing the radio. ha!