Re: how do you loop?

I am still an old skool hardware "long delay" type I guess. I run through lots of fx then into a DL 4 for short rhythmic or "pad" sounds. I feed this to a Boss DD 20, then into my EH 2880. Everything in series. Nothing synced but having "tap" for time is great these days. I would like to also be able to run parallel loopers. Someone from this list came up with a great idea but it would involve another DD 20 and a Boss LS 2. Then I could feed a DD 20 and have it looping, switch to the other DD 20 into the 2880. It would make things even more complicated and lots more wires though. sigh, you lappy guys sometimes tempt me. I fear it's too late to change horses at this point though.

Jeff

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, March 06, 2009 4:22 AM
Subject: Re: how do you loop?

I also think this is an interesting thread, and one that I would have prefered a Forum for answering (just cos the thread becomes saved and thus a resource)... usually Im in favour of the current list.

My setup is relatively simple to understand, but complicated in practice.

I have a guitar, that goes through effects, the signal is split in this process and comes to a mixer as 6 channels. At the mixer it is split to a line that goes to the inputs of all my loopers. (vortex,  repeater and edp (soon to be 2 edps)) Each looper then runs through it own dedicated effect, and returns to the mixer.
The complexity is mostly trying to route the midi clock so that all things are synched ok (the looper effects are all synchable) and i have one issue that is that its hard for me to loop the effected loop onto a different looper without making a feedback loop. I have a plan involving another mixer and a patchbay to fix this issue, but it will need bucket loads of cables, and Im tempted to replace the looper effects and mixer part with laptop, but keep the hardware loopers as hardware.

Musically, I, like Per am not trying to recreate a full band (actually I often feel my music lacks drums) but often it can get pretty loud. I dont have any specific sounds I use, they happen, but typically my music comes from pretty normal guitar looping at the start, that is effected, and chopped and re worked and chewed up, untill half an hour later, its totally unrecognisable as guitar, and thats really when I press record and START to record something... Then we see where that goes!!!

mark
--
www.markfrancombe.com
http://vimeo.com/user825094