Re: Live 8 Beta Looper and Mainstage together - first impressions

Hey there!  Long time reader, first time emailer!

I was truly excited to hear Ableton Live was going to add a looper to the
Live arsenal!  I have yet to open the demo, as I have other projects right
to finish right now, but it is my understanding that any loops created can
be brought into Live as an entire loop clip.  This is where I am really,
really disappointed.  I hope I am totally wrong about this, but it seems
to me that this is an extreme oversight on Abletons part.  Right now I am
using my Guitar Rig 3 Loop Machine, and once I get something I dig, then I
export it as separate wav files and bring those into Live as separate
clips and away I go.  At least 50% of all the music I do starts this way.

I just think that if you could separate your loop parts and import them as
individual clips, then I would be in loopers heaven!  If anyone knows
differently, please let me know!

Thanks for all the great insights!

Andy Schoen
www.untitledvisions.com