Re: Live 8 Beta Looper and Mainstage together - first impressions

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 2:37 PM, Warren Sirota <wsirota@wsdesigns.com>
wrote:
> Ultrabeat drum patterns to Mobius loops.

I also tried that and also found that UltraBeat is not accurate enough
with a sync slaving MainStage. No bummer for me though, since I don't
want to use canned drum beats anyway.

The MainStage slave syncing to Mobius looper system I use that is
stable only deals with audio input, midi input to drive virtual
instruments, lots of audio effects on the patches channel strips, the
Mobius looper on a bus (at concert level) plus some post looper effect
on that bus and finally a multi compressor on the master output.
That's the same looping rig I have been using for years starting with
a Bidule session under Windows XP then rebuilding it in MainStage to
expand the plug-ins with the SoundToys Native Bundle (Mac only stuff).
"Drums" are either played on acoustic instruments or parroted by vocal
sounds to be looped as audio.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se