Re: Live 8 Beta Looper and Mainstage together - first impressions

 > 1) Mobius sends out a Start message when the first playback of the
 > first loop starts, but it doesn't appear to send out any particular
 > message at the start of a loop cycle. So if you don't catch that
Start
 > message, all you have to hold on to is a series of Clock messages.

Mobius out sync (copied from the EDP) is biased toward things that
follow the MIDI transport control commands, mainly drum machines
and sequencers.  I'm finishing up a feature that lets you
send arbitrary MIDI commands from scripts, in theory you
could write a script that ends the recording and sends
a MIDI note command to Ultrabeat at the same time.  Ultrabeat
then presumably ignores the Start but follows the clocks.

If Ultrabeat can follow clocks without drifting then you shouldn't
need an extra MIDI message on every cycle.  We have however
found several interesting use cases for "event scripts" over
the years, scripts that are called automatically when certain
things happen (loop, cycle, subcycle boundaries) rather than
when pressing a switch.  You can sort of do that with "Wait cycle"
statements in scripts but it's awkward.  That might be an option
depending on what you want to do on cycle boundaries.

Jeff