SMM w/Hazari (was: Least Costly Live Looping Solution)

> Rainer, did you ever use a SMMwH this as the only looper in a
>performance?
> Somehow, I couldn't quite see that as being practical.

I'm not entirely sure I understand why you'd see that as not being
practical - is it because with the SMM, it takes quite a while and a
number of button presses (bypass - tap/record for 2sec. - bypass -
tap/record) to erase a loop and start recording a new one? I think I
remember that you already mentioned that as a major limitation from
your point of view/performance approach when I first wrote about the
SMM here, but this is not as important for me as it seems to be for
you, for a number of reasons:

First, I never ever did a public performance in the past with only one
device that could play loops of some sort - in that context, I also
regard a pattern sequencer as something that can play loops of some
sort. So in public performances, there has always been the possibility
to work around any limitations to that regard with another looper.
Even in my small bedroom looping setup, there's a DD20 before and a
KP3 after the SMM, so I'm again not in that "only looper" situation.

(Although the SMM seems to be among the most cumbersome ones when it
comes to clear a loop and start a new one, no other looper (with the
exception of Mobius, obviously) I know has that nice EDP way of life
where you can switch to the next loop and immediately start recording
with the push of one button).

There is a possible workaround, however: if your new loop is the same
length as the old one, you can simply set feedback to zero and overdub
the new loop.

For the fun of it, I just made the attempt and played a little using
only the SMM and for my way of playing, it seems to work out just
fine, although I wouldn't want to do an entire evening worth of
looping performance that way (but then again, this is true for any
looper in my case - see above).

            Rainer