Re: OT Distortion looping rig

At 10:45 PM -0700 3/10/09, Rick Walker wrote:

>I'm really excited with this setup and there is so much to learn about it.

Ganbatte, Rick!!!  I was surprised when I started doing ambient noise
sets how liberating it could be.  Not only the live improvisation
aspect (as we all already know from Live Looping), but also
completely freeing oneself from tonal centers or traditional harmonic
theory.  No theory to interfere with an immediate visceral response.
(standard disclaimer: of course you can just as likely manipulate a
similar emotional response through traditional modes, harmony, and
note choice -- I just ain't that good, though)

It's kind of like live instantaneous sound design, and can be quite
cathartic.  Glad your debut went so well.

>The wonderful people at Analogue Haven, rushed me out a
>Devi Ever Eye of God (which has a photo sensor that allows you to control
>feedback loop for simple but wonderful psychedelic wash effects
>and it arrived on the day of the gig,   but It had stereo ins and
>out and I couldn't get
>it to work in mono.................

Wha?!?  Rick, I'll check the docs, but I don't believe that Devi has
yet experimented with stereo devices.  It could be some weird new
prototype, but I'm pretty sure the EOG is still mono only.  If you
can describe what you tried and what kind of issues you were having,
maybe we can help debug.

And, speaking of feedback loops, one of these hit my doorstep this
week: http://thesquarewaveparade.com/perversincentiv.html

I'm hoping to see what weirdness I can cause by mating this with that
circuit-bent PS-2 I mentioned a coupla months back (which, BTW, also
makes a pretty good "delay-line"-style Looper, as it turns out).

        --m.
--
_____
"when you think your dreams are shattered, it's time to dream new dreams"