Re: Early bird loopers with Live?

Really interesting post... I had a question about one part of this (in particular the word "then"):

> use Looper as a silent dummy
> in order to secure a stable tempo pick-up, and then  duplicate the same
> external MIDI events used for Looper to target also a good third-party
> looping plug-in as Mobius

What might that look like---having not used either yet. A brief step-by-step  example of your specific midi set up and work-flow when starting a song--even just a small part of it--might illustrate.

In terms of work flow, does this mean a guitarist (just as an example) would strum 4 bars, Ableton's Looper would   start but ---- here's where I get fuzzy... do both loopers start but Ableton's is just silent or muted or just feeding Mobius and thereafter looping is done with Mobius or does the guitarist have to "switch over" to Mobius and repeat the starting phrase?

Generally speaking would this Live 8 / Mobius solution be the closest thing possible (so far) to the EDP way of working but with the advantages of Ableton and tempo pick-up?

THANK YOU!