Re: RC-50 Impressions

Quoting andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk>:

> 9) Not possible to make 3 unsynced loops.

Andy, you can configure it to work as three seperate, unsync'd loopers
by turning off tempo sync and phrase sync.  At least, that has worked
for me.

> 12) Manual describes the onboard drum machine as "ultra-high quality" and
>     " a match for a dedicated unit".  That's just 2 outright lies.

I find the drum patterns to be kind of "hokey".  I have, at times, run
the drum track out of the AUX output to a small floor monitor to use
as a click track, though.  I wish it had a simple click setting.

I've gotten excellent sound quality out of the unit -- I will add that
it took a bit of tweaking of the gain controls to get it to work,
though.  I use balanced connections and I haven't done much with the
microphone preamp.

> 2) This is my first encounter with a Multi=track looper. There's a
> great impression of not being in
> control of the music any more compared to EDP.

I find the RC-50 useful when I need a way to build drones, etc....
with my theremin when I don't need to use midi clock sync.

-- Kevin