Re: thinking about moving from rack to laptop...advice please!

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 7:43 PM, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk>
wrote:
> Simeon Harris wrote:
>>
>> thanks for the detailed reply per...i hadn't even considered the sound
>> quality issues
>
> The quality will only be affected by the plugins that you use,
> not by the host that does the routing.

Yes of course, that was actually my point - since you get almost all
the great plug-ins you need bundled with the Mainstage purchase. My
mistake to leave that for understood in my post, so good thing Andy
put focus on it.

However, the sound quality aspects I mentioned is not only a plug-in
issue (although anyone with lots of money could buy a bunch of
third-party plug-ins of the same quality as the Logic/Mainstage
bundled). I was also referring to the new multi core processor support
in the Bidule beta. On Mac it is not as crystal clear sounding as on
Windows XP. My particular reason for using Bidule is to use the Mobius
VST that supports multiple loop track outputs in order to use EQ,
Compressor and some dynamic effects on all of the eight tracks
independently, post looper. To make the Macbook carry out all that I
need to run some plug-ins in multi processor enabled mode and I have
not found any combination that doesn't bring audio artifacts to the
sound.

Per