Re: How to go all Software with guitar multieffector and looper

It's more laziness on my account.  Live is like a fully formed machine
that you can make settings in, but it's fairly static.  Bidule is like
a box of legos that's nothing until you start putting blocks together.
 It's a totally modular environment.  More flexible, I'm sure but Live
appealed to my "here's a paradigm you already know" mind. For me, I
don't really want anything all that crazy.  I haven't found a thing
that I want that Live doesn't have built in and easily accessed.

Also, one of my first "ideas" was to stick with my G5/Digital
Performer set up and only use the XP laptop as a hardware looper
synced to it. Live was the only host that seemed to chase MIDI sync
well.  Bidule was one I tried and I can't remember why but it wasn't
happening.  I went though a lot of hosts.  Live was a clear winner.
It was only later that I started to realize how silly it was to split
things up between two machines and I stopped having the two synced to
each other pretty quickly. By that time I'd already invested in Live
with money and time, so there you are.  I did reevaluate it recently
to see if I was using the right tool for my needs and from what I
could find it is.

Mark