Re: PrePrepared vs. Improvisational Live Looping Performances

> Dirk Serries wrote:
> I have a strong passion for going through the eye of the needle with
> one particular motif over the stretch of the entire performance,
> whether this is 15, 30 or even 45 minutes.  The beauty of such an
> approach is that the motif itself will guide you throughout the
> duration.  Through the use of a looping device (mostly only one in the
> microphonics setting) is that it pushes me to work around this motif
> with the uttermost concentration and, most important of all, to
> actually enjoy the beauty of sound in general.

This is what I like the most about live looping. When a song starts to
live, that's the moment when the performance is going into the right
direction. In my opinion, a loop is not just a layer of notes, chords and
rhythmns but especially atmosphere and emotions. I'm always searching for
atmosphere, it requires lot's of patience, concentration and inspiration
but this is where it's all about for me.

> This is why I was so enthusiastic about Sjaak Overgaauw's debut
> I'm sure Sjaak learned a lot from this.

Thanks Dirk, I learned a lot and I have enough to learn for the next 25
years ;)

---
Sjaak
http://euroloopfest.com/
http://sjaakovergaauw.com/

Scarlet Mobile, Gratis abonnement in combinatie met uw Scarlet One of
ADSL, surf naar http://www.scarlet.be/nl/mobile3g