Re: why we founded this list

Matthias Grob wrote:

> ... or don't you agree that this list should mainly serve for those who
> do want to play in public and spread their music?
> ... or should we create a separate list for the professionals?

What is the Looper's Delight mailing list?

Here's the original description of the purpose of this list:-

http://www.loopers-delight.com/list/LoopList.html

I guess that's mainly scripted by Kim.

To discuss all topics related to "looping", is the stated
intent, meaning all types of music that uses loops.

Yep, that includes looping up samples in a studio, in fact
from that introductory text you can get the impression that
that's what the list is primarily about.

To some extent, in the previous century, the list was significantly
"all about the EDP", essentially the source of tech support
for that device, and the place for customer feedback.

So that's two other angles to add to the one provided by Matthias.

I don't think it matters so much,
the list is a reality,
main topic is "loop music that doesn't use pre-recorded material",
and the contributors are all musicians who make music
which involves some kind of looping device at least
some of the time.

As a member of what we might call "the live looping community that
arose with the aid of LD" I'm at a loss to to understand
the desire to change the list to something else.

It works.

andy butler