What are the current probs w/RC-50?

I've been a somewhat quiet member of the group for some time now and I've
noticed that during the past 2 years there have been lots of complaints
about the RC-50 in terms of dropouts, glitches, etc.

Would you guys mind bringing me up-to-date on the current status of this
unit? Has Boss ironed out the problems with updated firmware? If not, what
issues remain?

I want to replace my Boomerang because of its inferior fidelity, but I
don't
want to trade that problem for other issues.

If you wouldn't recommend the RC-50 to replace the 'rang, then what would
be
a better idea? Digitech Jamman? Something else?

I need to cap the budget at $500.

Thanks everyone!

Brian