Re: iphone looper ... apparently

Right, JUCE is *mostly Cocoa now .... with a few carbon bits here and
there to support certain frameworks where Carbon is required.  I was
unsure where those bits were, but assumed they were substantial enough
to make my application not work ... perhaps I was wrong.  I still assume
that the when running FlyLoops on iPhone you probably don't get
everything .... like the midi systems, or VST or ASIO support.  But I
guess the UI is 100% cocoa or it wouldn't show up?  More generally, I
haven't contacted the author and wonder about the claim myself  ... but
have no iphone to check.  Some friends do, so I am sure I'll
confirm/disconfirm soon enough.

More on UI design .... quite right about the Mac golden rules ...... the
nice thing about Juce though is that you can do alot to customize the
look and feel.  The default look is pretty cheesy .... shiny and rounded
and everything else .... but you can customize UI more easily with JUCE
than with the most UI libraries ..... Cocoa is also very UI designer
friendly of course, but the PC UI libraries give me pain.

Per GPL, I am planning on buying the license when I release the
commercial version.  I got 90 downloads this month so far .... I figure
if 2 or 3 people buy a month ($120) I'll pay for the license in a few
months.  Then I just have to justify the high salary job I left once
upon a time when I though Mike Nelson at Boomerang was behind this ....
the 2 years I've spent learning how to write code, and the part time
jobs that I have barely held down while I worked on this thing 7 hours a
day ...... wooosh ..... I will say, I'll be glad to have it done.  I
wish I had more time to make music, but code writing is addictive in
it's own ways too.