RE: toys for non-musicians (was: online real time looping sequencer game)

> > I am less
> > concerned about how the music was created but more concerned
> > that people are listening to music in this way (plugged-in
> > on white cables - shut off from the world) as far as Im
> > concerned iPod users are listening wrong, and that THIS is
> > bad for humanity...
> >

> > Serious Question: Do teenagers nowadays, sit in their
> > bedrooms with friends playing records...?
> > http://tinyurl.com/ledz8r

OOooohhh...ouch!!!

as a token "Young Person" myself,I see this very differantly!!

My generation has grown up facing constant fluidly changing points of referance when it comes to "media"..this is the world we know and accept , formats change specs move on etc etc.

I personally have also grown up always seeming to be flying in the face of an older generation of people who have become preoccupied and precious over these "media" ...Film, Records, Paper, OS's ....they all have their uses, they all have unique properties...BUT THEY ARE ALL JUST MEDIA.

film is no more organic then CCD chips...its chemicals and man made materials just with differing properties, Records have Grooves while CDs have pits read by lazer and BOTH work.

at the end of the day, the way I have grown up has allowed me to evaluate my individual needs (not just primary like music= need for best sound quality, but on a free flowing scale that takes in portability, battery life, size etc) in a way which selects any one of a multitude of forms rather then bemoaning the loss of another format that has seen its use decline (which in itself may be just a blip, think of transistor amps...now we are all back to valves!!!)

anyhoo, I rant and rave on but the ultimate point is...I feel I embrace a multitude of formats, but I do so by applying WHO I AM to each one of them, I am indeed a social creature so in the instance of "I-pods" I know of many people such as myself who play "I-pod roulette" which is when each of you siit ,usually with mini speakers connected to your device and take it in turns to go around the circle and play a song each..normally themes emerge as one song reminds someone of another.

to me this is a social activity ideally suited to the medium of choice..i could do it with my records cds or minidisks, but the properties of having lots of audio in one tiny easy ot navigate box lets this game move quickly and smoothly.

just my god knows how many cents

Phill

With Windows Live, you can organise, edit, and share your photos.