RE: anti-looper bigots

Good advice!
People get all wound up about the techniques used and create arbitrary rules.
I fell in love with MUSIC and learned how to play an instrument to be able to make it.
Music is the prime objective and technique should be in the service of that. I've been involved with the psy-trance scene for a couple of years now and nobody there gives a damn about how the music is made or performed. They just want the vibrations!
Use whatever it takes I say!
And a big YAAH BOO to those who've forgotten that that is what it's all about.

peace love and enlightenment

Gareth (blugaruda)

> You got trashed because you didn't protect yourself. Next time, smile
> and walk away. Let them keep their big truths to themselves. If
> someone opens his mouth and starts explaining to you what you do right
> and what you ro wrong with your art, with your life, it is time to go.
> Let him talk to himself. He will not mind, he will not be offended.
> These kind of people talk to themselves even when they appear to be
> talking to someone else. It is like TV shows.
>
> On 8/4/09, K D Patten <kdpatten@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > OK... My Looping friends......tell me some story's.....i just got trashed
> > by some acoustic purists at a gig because of my looping....evidently because
> > i loop it disqualifies me as a "real" player.....I'd like to hear your
> > experiences with this kind of bigot
> >
> > Kyle
> >
> > http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/kdpatten
> > http://www.myspace.com/kyledeanpatten

Windows Live Messenger: Celebrate 10 amazing years with free winks and emoticons. Get Them Now