Re: Music is the prime objective (was: anti-looper bigots)

good, Gareth...

On 4 Aug 2009, at 14:07, Gareth Whittock wrote:

> People get all wound up about the techniques used and create
> arbitrary rules.
> I fell in love with MUSIC and learned how to play an instrument to
> be able to make it.
> Music is the prime objective

Music a such is the objective, like playing to the spirits?
or the effect that the music has on the listeners?
so is it about what they feel or what we feel when doing it?

> and technique should be in the service of that. I've been involved
> with the psy-trance scene for a couple of years now and nobody there
> gives a damn about how the music is made or performed. They just
> want the vibrations!

would you say the vibrations are in the sound or in the playing?
people come to se us doing it.
one can cook pretty well out of cans... freshness is subtle
once you know that the salad comes out of a friends garden, it tastes
better

> Use whatever it takes I say!

...but declare it on the package ;-)

> And a big YAAH BOO to those who've forgotten that that is what it's
> all about.

hm... its not so much that I forget it but suddenly have doubts
whether I every knew...

> peace love and enlightenment

Thank you bro, you made me think!
Matthias