Where do you place Reverb(s)? Pre/Post-Looper?

Buzap said:
> I was always wondering: where do you place your reverb(s) in your
>looper/effect chain?
>I have the following more specific questions:
>- Could it make sense to put a general reverb _after_ the looper?
>- Does reverb cause trouble in post-looper fx processing?
>- Does it work out to chain reverbs after another (i.e. additional reverb
>on background vocals)?
>- How do you bring together delay and reverb in your fx chain - if at all?
>Would like to hear your general ideas related to reverb + looping.
>Probably this topic is more related to software looping with it's routing
>options - and CPU limitations.

Apart from the general topic of effects pre/post looper (and I
encourage you to search the archives for that), there are some
specifics relating to time-based effects (which can be either effects
changing over time, or effects which "trail out" like a reverb or also
delay).

The short idea is:
I personally prefer the reverb post-looper.

Reasons why you wouldn't want to do that:
1. you don't have that many effects resources available,
2. you want different kinds of reverb on the overdubs,
3. you want to create special effects.
What are these "special effects"? To try that out, simply record a
loop with a strong/long reverb pre-looper, and see what happens a)
after you end the loop and switch to overdub, b) if you switch to
reverse.

I do see this both being related to hardware and software setups - the
topic of "CPU limitations" becomes "number of devices/aux channels".

Yours,

           Rainer

ps: when do we get to hear you live btw?