Re: looping question

I'm using LIve and SooperLooper plus a Tech 21 MIDI Moose + MIDI
Solutions Pedal Controller + Boss FV-500L stereo volume and expression
pedal for control. Per is correct, you can setup multiple loops in
SooperLooper. I'm not looking at in in the moment but in the
SooperLooper menu you can add loops. The shortcut on a Mac is CMD 1
adds a mono loop and CMD 2 adds a stereo loop. My default setup has
four stereo loops but I've ran six before; if there is a limit I don't
know what it is.

I have five buttons on the MIDI MOOSE, plus Up bank and Down bank. My
current button assignments are:
1) Record / Overdub
2) Undo
3) Reverse
4) Next Loop
5) Prev Loop.

Truth is, I think I'll dump Prev Loop and replace it with another
function as I can cycle with just Next Loop through four loops
quickly. I use the Expression pedal to control the volume of the
active loop.

Hope this helps,

Loren
On Oct 6, 2009, at 3:59 PM, Per Boysen wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> What you need for this action is to use a looper that will let you
> stack several alternative loops on the same track - just like the good
> old EDP hardware looper does. Mobius can do it in software and Ableton
> Live can do it if you skip over the Overdub functionality.
>
> When I do this on my EDP or Mobius I use a either a command named
> "Next Loop" or "Previous Loop". I may also go directly to a certain
> loop, as in the command "Trig Loop 3".
>
> On both the EDP and Mobius there is a certain global setting, for
> preference, where you tell the looper what to do if the loop you are
> going to is an still en empty slot. People like this different, but I
> always keep this option as having the looper create a new emptpy loop
> of one cycle's length in Overdub Mode; so you can keep on playing
> seamlessly while building up an arrrangement.
>
> Greetings from Sweden
>
> Per Boysen
> www.boysen.se
> www.perboysen.com
>

> On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 10:50 PM, Alexandre Klinke
> <alexandre.klinke@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> If I'm using two different loopers, I would like to record the first
>> loop, and as soon as I press the switch to start recording the second
>> loop, I want that the first loop stops at the same time. The idea is
>> having independent loops that can function as A, B, C parts, so
>> once I
>> trigger one, the other ones are stopped. Obviously I can't use the
>> overdub function to do that, and I didn't find a way to assign the
>> same switch to 2 different functions (i.e.: start recording loop2/
>> mute loop 1).
>> Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated. If there's any other
>> software that can do this (like Mobius), please let me know.
>> I hope my english is not so bad and my question is clear...
>> Cheers!

All the best,

Loren Claypool
genre-indifferent instrumental guitar music
www.lorenclaypool.com and links from there