Re: hexaphonic pickup

Note that no hexaphonic pickup system has a really wonderful guitar signal output.  Typically the guitar signal is separate; some systems can blend the hexaphonic pickup output (summed) with your guitar pickups’ output. That said, Erdem, I imagine you are going to be mangling the sound form each split-out string, so having the best possible guitar signal may not be really important, however much you might wish for it.  you can still have your regular pickups providing that “best possible sound”.

Hal Dean

its hard to create a polyphonic magnetic pickup with good string separation and similar sound to the one we are used to (I am not sure whether thats really a good sound, its just what we are used too and so many great artists made great sounds with...)

for piezos its different: they actually work better when separately amplified
if you dont like its overly true response, it can be smoothened electronically
for my taste, there are polyphonic piezo pickups that sound marvelous :-)

Matthias

PS
we decided to call them polyphonic, since hexaphonic only fits for 6 strings