Re: What public is attracted by a Y2K Sampler Video?

That reminds me of one of the worst gigs I've ever had.

It was a festival style gig where you have to setup your gear right
before you play (as opposed to what i think of as a normal gig:
soundcheck, leave gear setup onstage for a few hours, perform later)

I hardly get nervous performing anymore, but I do get nervous setting
up my equipment while a silent audience stares at me. At this gig
there was a clueless presenter who I'd never seen before, and she had
no idea what I did. She thought I'd just waltz on and start playing
the cello and didn't get the memo that I needed to setup my gear. She
stayed onstage chattering inanely with the audience, who rather than
talking amongst themselves, looked up at her and I expectantly.

With shaky hands I frantically connected everything. I was almost
ready to go, and starting up my computer.

The presenter (who the whole time kept asking every 30 seconds into
the microphone, "are you ready yet?") then said...

"this lady, Zo" (she mispronounced my name) ...."will play you some
beautiful cello music just as soon as she's finished checking her email"

I almost walked off!

I think the gig was probably alright, but I was so steamed that I
don't remember any of it. I played for the minimum amount of time,
collected my payment and left immediately.