Sent: Monday, December 14, 2009 1:44 PM
Subject: Re: re line M-9

On Dec 14, 2009, at 10:09 AM, Bob Amstadt wrote:

Funny because I was just thinking about this for the LP2 and decided that feedback has to always operate even in play mode because otherwise it just isn't right.  Good to know that others agree with me.

It's nice, however, to be able to set separate feedback values for play and record. The EDP allows this if you have an expression pedal connected.

What I really find myself wishing for on the Looperlative is a way to more reliably flip in and out of Replace mode v Overdub. I think I'm basically fighting with toggle behavior, but I haven't closely analyzed it yet. I like to set a "pulse" loop going and then run another loop at 0% feedback so that it just plays once and then replaces the content. At the same time, I want to be able to go into a more traditional overdub mode reasonably easily. (Possibly cool idea: Threshold replace. It plays with 100% feedback unless the input on a cycle passes the threshold in which case it does a replace possibly transitioning to overdub at the loop point until the input drops below the threshold for a long enough period of time.)

Mark