If you had to state 5 rules of a successful music composition for 12th grade students...

Hello Loopers List,

This thread could turn into a complicated philosophical discussion. I aim rather to put your ideas in a box for my students to have a performance criterion/check list of what they should nail on their first electronic music composition based on the simplicity of Reason and "Fair Use" sampling in Protools. It is assumed that they have no previous music knowledge and are forging their way through to try and find a measure of success.

So, I'd love to hear your top 5 (or more) descriptors/performance criteria of a "successful" composition.

Margaret Noble - Sound Artist
Sound is Art Magazine - http://margaretnoble.net/soundisart
Artist Website - http://margaretnoble.net
New Record Label - http://femrecords.com/