Re: In search for a (cheap, but as long as possible) delay with varispeedpedal,

Jeff Duke wrote:
> Rainer, I am sure you already have thought of it and of course not cheap
> but the DL 4 is really good at that stuff, add an ex ped and even better
> + looping.

DL4, like most microprocessor based pedals, does not actually
have varispeed.
When you get those pitch bends the DL4 is not modelling varispeed
of tape, but position of playback head.

If we think of the delay of the DL4 as a small loop then:-
With the DL4, the "warble" you make by changing delay time
gets into the "loop".
With varispeed, it's like the loop speeds up.

andy butler