discovering my gear (was variaspeed delays)

ok, so last nite i'm thinking of all the gear i've researched in the last few days in trying to find this "ellusive variaspeed delay"-and the videos i've watched on youtube....ug.....

so i sit down in my guitar area w/ all my gear, and start playing w/ the Digitech DL8, which i've had since xmas. and wow, was i blown away w/ the sounds you could get. crap, i think every mode basically does some type of varispeed option (is it the greatest/does it sound as good as when i was using my tascam 4 track w/ 20 sec tape loop-no, but it was EASIER!). the tape is decent, the lo-fi is decent, the one that sort of blew me away was the modulated delay-which i never used on my old boss dd7 or b/4 that on my old digidelay-so i'm playing w/ it, and lo & behold the sound is sort of tape-ish i think trying to emulate the roland space echo. now how do i know this? well, BECAUSE I WATCHED A MILLION VIDEOS OF PEOPLE PLAYING THEIR RE-20 SPACE ECHOS (ok, not a million, but a lot). ok, is it exact-no. does it sound exactly like an original space echo w/ tape in it-NO. but the sounds are vaguely similar to what people were doing on the Boss RE20, more simplified, less knobs....but,  i was sort of amazed.

i was sort of amazed at what my gear can do, i think i just had it sitting and wasn't using it to it's potential...i will say that i still love the 8 sec delay mode in the dl8-it's probably my main looper for now, need to get my behringer tweakalizer back in too-love it's simple sample mode....
happy looping....
s---
www.myspace.com/scotthansen

ps-i will have to say that i think i'm probably the dumbest looper out there-when people are talking about MULTI-CHANNEL LOOPERS or HAVING 3 INDIVIDUAL LOOPS GOING AT ONCE, i think , sh*t, crap, i can barely keep one going and knowing which end is up...oh well.....9 yrs of doing this, and i still don't know crap-ola....
pps-WAY OT-got the jeff beck live at ronni scott's-some great stuff on there-great watching, great listening...just an OT plug there....