Re: OT - Rick's rhythm intensive

I had a rhythm intensive with Rick last year, after the in Rome Loopfest.
We were enjoing Nick Bartsch's music with Bernhard Wagner, who showed
us the "thelevi" a percussion from ghana with which you can play odd
time signature (3-5-7-9-11....)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EvbJm2rwQg

Rick showed me his method scomposing rhythms on a dozen of papers,
playing them with his voice or tapping fingers on the table and the explanation
was very neat...I'm grateful to Rick for that "free lesson" and I raccomend him
for those who are looking for a rhythm intensive.

It was like a gift I had from the loopfest: I falled in love with rhythm: odd time signatures;
phase shifted patterns, polyrhythms and so on...
Sometimes, when I look for something I still pick up Rick's writings, or work with thelevi.
It's a dimension full of discoveries I have ever think at.
Just now - several years and ...hairs later - I'm going more deeply into this fascinating side of music.

-fabio
www.eterogeneo.com