Re: OT - Rick's rhythm intensive

It IS amazing, as an exercise, but Im not sure I really get it..
When you had a number on the screen saying 7 for example, was that one click every 7 shakes? Cos that not what I call a time signature really, its just a clikc every 7 shakes.. the "groove" for me was the shakes... and (being pretty rudimentary rhythmically (fave drummer Mo Tuck))  my foot was still four on the floor, it was not pushed to to a new rhythm... I like the sound of musical poly rhythms (5 note riffs against 6 note for ex) but this seems to be an (extremely clever and unbelievably skillful) exercise in juggling...

now... fit some sensors to those things and have them triggering samples.. THAT would be something...