Re: OT: uploading to Bandcamp.com

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 2:15 PM, Petri Lahtinen <aikuinen@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm doing this from Finland, you're from Sweden so its something in
> your connections/elsewhere there.

Well, I'm no network engineer but most people say it simply happens
because the world wide web was not designed to handle that big files
(as FTP as, for a comparison). After all BAndcamp uses a flash plugin
browser based upload method that can not be paused. So if the
connection flickers just a little too much for the flash buffer the
data transfer is broken and has to be initiated again from scratch.
Just keep on doing that and at one point you will suddenly be lucky to
get it all up! ;-)

However, if you happen to have a too flickery internet connection it
may not work. One trick could be to find the best time at day/night
for uploading.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se