More M-9 PHUN

  I  have been putting together a bank of presets today on my M-9 that
are more abstract in nature, an outside bank,  so to speak. In edition
to obvious choices like a ring modulator which the M-9 does a decent
job of , I was playing around with reverse delay and happened upon an
interesting application. Rather than set the reverse delay like i
usually do, set to whole note value, as defined by my tap tempo, I set
the delay time at 20 milliseconds. I increased the depth of
modulation   and feedback and used the expression pedal to control
delay mix and speed of the modulation, slow to fast. The ensuing sound
had a quality similar to a ring modulator ,  with some of the same
comb filtering , and weird harmonic artifacts. Combined with a ring
modulator things got really crazy. I  owned an EH frequency analyzer
back in the day and really dig that I can occasionally have access to
that sound, for those South Park theme moments :-) I also like how
much extra control a multi tasking expression pedal can give to an
effect like this. Used to control the mix, it is great to be able to
go from Pretty to Pretty Creepy and back again as one rocks the pedal.
Bill