E bow fallacies

As sympathizer of Kim Flint's notorious intolerance about the
cliched use of e-bows in mostly ambient music, I
want to go on record in support of this instrument and
point out that:

If you buy a new version of the e-bow (at least the one
that has the new octave switches on it)  it comes with a
mini CD that has a whole bunch of video tutorials on how to
get different techniques with it.

The whole infinite sustain, ambient thing may be a little played to death
but there are some exceedingly clever and very musical ways that people
have used to play the instrument,  including the simulation of other
instruments
using it's attack characteristics.   I was overwhelmed with the number of
very clever techniques that users have developed.

My take on the e-bow is that it's a somewhat limited instrument and like
many limitations
imposed on us, artistically,  it's always down to how creative you use
the thing.

I'll even admit to having a piece for two e-bows and retuned autoharp
posted on
my www.youtube.com/rickwalkerlivelooper   page.

I was loving how by raking my hands across the autoharp strings as I let
two different e-bows just play two notes on it, that you can create
'glitchy' effects and backwards guitar effects.

Admittedly ,  my use is very primitive compared to a skilled e-bow user
but I had a lot of fun with it one day.

Rick Walker