Re: Rép : Multi-tracks loopers questions

On Jul 13, 2010, at 5:50 AM, andy butler wrote:

> phillip wilson wrote:
>> the last time I looked at this, th e LP1 had just come out. I loved can
>I set up an fcb1010 button to begin to count multiple cycles of the
>currantly recorded material , whilst adding a new longer layer of sound
>and then upon a second press round this  to the next cycle boundry ....IE
>a la EDP?
>
> There are 2 things you can do with the LP1.
> They both round to the loop boundary on the second press.
>
> 1) Sync Record another track to an existing one... the   length of the
>new track will be an exact multiple
>   of your designated master track.
>
> 2) Sync Bounce your track to another track, while adding new audio.
>  This is equivalent to the EDP Next>>Multply function. The new
>   track will be an exact multiple in length of the old, and
>   the old track will be automatically muted.
>

> No looper, hardware or software exactly emulates the EDP's multiply,
> but those 2 functions of the LP1 probably cover the musical results
> that you want to achieve.
>
> The LP1 doesn't support "Cycles", but you can
> use a short loop as "Master" for sync purposes.

I need to go try Sync Bounce. As one of the people who pushed for
threshold triggering for recording (it was sort of a gating factor for me
on deciding to try switching though if I'd used more other loopers like
the Line6 that don't have it maybe it wouldn't have been), I now feel I'm
sort of getting what I deserve in that Sync Record also obeys it which
Multiply on the EDP did not.

Mark