Re: Guitar Compression was :Re: ...reflections...

A good way is using sidetrack compression, i.e. keeping the straight
signal and adding/summing a compressed signal to it.
When the naural guitar signal decays off, the sidetrack compressed
signal comes in to play.
This allows keeping the natural dynamics.
I don't recall which ones are build this way, but seem to remember the
Fernandez compressor was.

WRT batteries, I never understood why any pedal at all was ever buid to
rum off a single 9v battery, instead of simply using 2x9v.
Electronics need a ? supply anyways, so the 9volts will be split to
?41/2v, or fairly quicly even less, as the battery is quickly worn out.

Compressors need so much gain internaly that good designs should run off
?15v to ?24v.

--
rgds,
van Sinn