Re: RE, softs step (AND YK2X travel)

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 9:30 PM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com>
wrote:
> I haven't booked mine yet, but Ill be traveling from Oslo, no doubt
>changing
> at Heathrow (YIKES!) to the haul across. Only asking cos I was about to
> start the boring perusal of flights and started wondering...

Hej Mark,

Let's sync our flights! At least it would be handy if we hit SF by the
same time (for local transport purpose). And maybe others coming from
Europe can sync in? You should book a flight on Oct 11 in order to
arrive on the 12th.

I did a quick Google search here and it seems I can either transit at
Heathrow, New York (some 5 hours off there), LA and finally SF. This
route seems as the typical way to lose your checked in instruments and
gear for some days (happened to me last time, plus that homeland
security wanted to terminate my 1929 tenor sax). Who says looping is
harmless...

The other alternative is to first go down from here (Stockholm) to
Amsterdam, spend two hours there and then fly directly to SF.  I must
say this route seems more attractive in order to deliver my gear on
time. With this alternative my touch-down in SF will occur at 13.20 on
Oct 12.

Per