Re: 220 to 110 adaptor for fcb1010

Louie Angulo wrote:

> like i said i phoned Behringer and said whoever gave you that
> information is putting your gear at risk,the european behringer fcb1010s
> are not made to work in the U.S...

Actually, what happens if you try to run a piece of Euro gear
in US is that is just won't work.
It won't fry, in the same way that a dead battery won't
fry your stomp box.
...because 110V is *less* than 240V.

If the fcb1010 has a switch (and I kind of remember that *some*
of them do, and the manual specs this) then it's possible  the 50mA fuse of
a Euro fcb will blow by running it on 110V.
Again, this won't damage the fcb, just spoil your gig.
(probably this happened to Zoe??).

For 110V use you need a 100mA fuse, which would work
ok in Europe. Obviously as it's a safety issue I'm not
going to recommend that, but personally I'd feel
100% safe with the 100mA fuse for 240V.

Only way to fry Euro gear in US is
1) switch it to 110V
2) plug it into a transforming giving 240V
which seems totally unlikely, but is actually all to easy.

andy butler