Re: Fighting the temptation to noodle

Yeah - get a second looper and a channel a/b switch, and practice
transitioning from one to another. Doing this right is still the
hardest part of my live sets - finding a way to get out of that
"infinite" DL-4 loop.

Basically I have a DL-4 going into one mixer channel, and a pair of
old 4 second loopers in sequence going into another mixer channel.
(The 4 second loopers are also great for introducing elements that
don't repeat at the same intervals as the main loop - making it sound
less 'canned'.)

This setup leads to a lot of DJ style thinking: Has this "song" been
going on too long? How do I transition it into the next "song"? Should
it be smooth and graceful, or just a sudden cut? Or should I stop
looping all together and play only "live" for a while?

--
Matt Davignon
mattdavignon@gmail.com