Using Vox ToneLab LE for looping (DELAY LOOPING???)

i just checked the manual online for the vox tonelab LE-it says that it has 8 sec of delay time, is this correct?

the ability to use the pedal to input material & then then "turn off input" and solo over is what David Torn did in his video "Painting W/ Sound" in the 2nd
tape that he demos his looping setup/methods (circa '93).

in the vox tonelab LE -can you manipulate the time (8 sec to short time to pitch it up, then back down to 8 sec for low pitches etc)?

that's sort of why i like my Digitech DL8-i use the 8 sec of digital delay w/ 100% feedback, mess w/ the time. it doesn't keep the information as clear/clean
as the Lexicon PCM42 (which DT uses), but it's ok, it has this sort of warping / glitch thing....which reminded me of when i had my boss dd20...

my old dod d12 w/ 12 sec of delay kept the info more intact (but would pitch up or down if you modulated the time, it was sort of a budget pcm42)...

i still wish Lexicon (or whoever owns them) would release a pedal version of the PCM 42 w/ the 20 sec of delay that mr. torn uses/abuses so well....
oh well...
dream on....
s---
www.myspace.com/scotthansen