Re: softstep report #1

Hello Erdem!

I haven't explored yet anything other than pressure. This works very
well, and you can set the sensitivity.
There is a very helpful GUI that shows you in real time how the pad/
button is responding to your toe press.

Nothing "gives" or clicks on the softstep. Its just a rubberized pad.
This sounds disorienting, but what I've found so far is that if i
press while looking at the GUI, I get a sense of the motion. Then once
i've trained my brain, I can close the GUI start using it.  I don't
know how to relate that to a wah-style mechanical pedal because I've
never been successful in using those.

I have to put my experiments aside now and get to San Diego. My hope
is to incorporate the SoftStep for a show in SF on Oct 12.

(sorry to miss the Y2KX! I leave for New York the day after)

best, Z